Friday, October 26, 2012

We Have Nothing to Fear But Fear Itse--AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never understood people's desire to purposely scare themselves. I don't like being afraid. It is one if my baser instincts that I give into by default. If my mind doesn't like something my eyes are seeing, it's first reaction is to be afraid of it. Horror movies, haunted mansion/prison tours, skydiving, cliff jumping, doing anything scary for FUN??...I don't get it. So please tell me why I subjected myself (for the second time) to the "best haunted funhouse in America"?? I admit that I did have fun. But I was also scared shitless. There was a point when I literally almost wet myself. True story. No joke. Not funny. Stop laughing.
We went through, and there were actors making loud sudden noises behind the walls, at times even under your feet. Some, wearing masks, were mixed in amongst gruesome and gory mannequins would follow you closely as you would walk by, growling or moaning in your ear. (Some would just stare at you menacingly.) Others would walk out of the shadows shouting, and still others would stand stalk-still until you thought they were mannequins, and at the last minute would jump at you screaming. Then we would come out of the house and think the scary part was over (*big sigh of relief*) when an actor would suddenly charge from the shadows and chase you with a roaring chainsaw!! (*Somehow manage to keep control of bladder**run, scream*) One guy at the end of the walk chased several girls right out into the parking lot. (I laughed at them cuz it wasn't me.)
There was one part where we went on a hayride and were allowed to use paintball guns to shoot any zombies we saw. That was awesome!! Then we had to go through another house while wearing 3D glasses. There were strobe lights, fog machines, a couple of parts in complete darkness, mannequins, animatronics, scary masks, scary makeup, different themes for each part...it was AWESOME!!
My voice is hoarse, my throat is sore, my toes are cold, but I will go to sleep tonight and not have any bad dreams because my body is in adrenaline crash mode. (Kinda like a caffeine or sugar crash but for the adrenal glands. Also, because I got these little things called sleeping pills...perfect for inducing dreamless sleep.)
My point is, I STILL don't get it, about the being-scared-on-purpose-for-fun thing, but I had a blast tonight.

...uugh, I'm gonna look and feel like a zombie when I get up.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself...and spiders." <~ something I have on a pin, and I totally agree with it.

--Hop Along


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment