Friday, October 26, 2012

So Like I Was Saying...

Anyway, where was I?? Oh yeah, talking about not being in a relationship. You know, a friend of mine just got me to thinking about something that is SO TRUE: men seem to have more confidence than women. Now, ladies, don't start a riot, let me have a chance to explain. Okay, you have to let go of the fact that the info came a man in the first place, and then you have to just swallow the bitter pill: he's right. This is how he explained it, he said that a man will approach a woman and try to chat her up. He could be the ugliest dude in the club, and yet he will get up the gumption to come and speak. She could even tell him that he's ugly and he will simply smile and say "I may be ugly on the outside but it's up to you to find the beauty within." (My friend then says, half-joking, that you then wake up the next morning trying to figure out how he snookered you into a relationship.)
A woman on the other hand will spot a handsome man, and admire him from a distance, all the while telling herself that he wouldn't be interested in her anyway, that he's probably into the model types. Very rarely (if ever) will a woman gather her courage and approach the handsome man.
I WANNA KNOW WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why do we defeat ourselves before we have even begun?? Why do we automatically get insecure and make excuses that we have no proof of?? Why do we talk ourselves out of what COULD be a good situation. I mean, even if no relationship comes of it (and you don't have to have a relationship come out of every encounter), you could have a great new friend. Or, maybe he is Prince Charming. *shrug* Either way, we won't know because we're too afraid to take that chance in the first place.
You know what though?? Someone told me one time, and I figure this to be true on some level as well, that it's the man's job to prove to the woman that he is worthy of her time. I mean, think about it, even in the animal kingdom, the male of almost every species the males have to perform some feat of prowess to impress the female for the right to mate with her. He has to prove his worth. Well, I don't see why the same can't be said of humans. I mean, no woman wants a weak man to father her children. So I figure in the first encounter, the male should approach the female. However, if a female should see an acceptable suitor, she shouldn't feel any less about herself for wanting to approach him. I say grow some balls and walk right up to him and prove to him that he would be the luckiest man around just to be seen talking to you!!


*Listening to "Stole My Heart" by Little and Ashley*


~~ Hop Along

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment