Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chapter One...

So, I was looking at some quotes online, right, and there was this one that said something to the effect of "How can you move on to the next page in your life if you keep re-reading the previous chapter?" And that got me to thinking...I have been doing a lot of re-reading lately. There's a couple of things that just won't go in the fuck-it bucket. I keep trying to put them there, but then I go digging in there and pull them back out. Why?? Why can't I let go of this one thing?? And even more curious, the one thing is something I would rather not hold on to. It's like "oh, that's something I told myself I don't want to remember." Anyway, the point is I keep thinking about my stupid ex and it's driving me nuts (in a BAD way)!! I don't want to be with him, I don't like him, I don't trust him. And yet I keep thinking about him when I hear love songs, or when I see a sweet quote, or when I see a happy couple together. Now, before you say something stupid like "Well, obviously, you're still in love with him," I want to go on record as saying that nothing could be further from the truth. I know the reason is because (a) He was my most recent relationship, and (b) I am thinking about the things I was really hoping could happen. The things I want to happen for me.
I think about how things could have been if things had worked out for the better. I think about what I still hope can happen for me (just not with him). I dream of happy endings and fairytale romance. Call me a hopeless romantic if you want, but I would tell you that you are mistaken: I am a hopeful romantic.
While my views of romantic dotings are a little poisoned by my previous encounters, I still have high hopes that things really can turn out okay, and that (some) people really do live (mostly) happily ever after, until death does them part.
So, because of these romantic ideas, and hopes and dreams, I would like to stop the re-reading of my previous chapter and begin a whole new book. I will call it my true-life love story. When I find my Prince Charming, I will begin my story, and do my best not to compare it to any of my previous tales of woe. I will start fresh and new with Chapter One.

P.S. I would like to dedicate this photo to my ex, may he forever suffer the pain of love lost.

~Hop Along


No comments:

Post a Comment