Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rhyming Words

Okay, I've been told that I should put some of my poetry on here. So, here you go. This one's an oldie but a goody. It's about a failed relationship. It's called "Not Your Love." Enjoy!!

Candy and flowers
All the gifts that you shower
Me with to show your love is true
You give love and affection
So we'll make a connection
But that's not what I want from you.

How can I care what you're feeling if
I have enough to be dealing with??
Could you please get your face off the floor...
I just want my freedom
From you, so don't be dumb,
Just give me what I'm asking for.

You get on my last nerve!!
What I mean, in other words,
Is that you have been quite a pain
To the "Nth" degree
You bug the hell outta me
And you're starting to drive me insane.

I guess I loved you at first,
And as much as it hurts,
I just haven't been feeling the live lately
And if the hell I went through
Is how you say "I love you,"
Then, frankly, I'd rather you hate me.

- Hop Along

No comments:

Post a Comment