Saturday, October 13, 2018

Hot Off The Press!!!!

So I know I've been gone for...well far too long. Left my little bunnies to wander on their own. I’m sorry. But I’m back and I have some new rhyming words for you. Now, this is brand spanking new. I just woke up out of my sleep at 3am and wrote this. It’s now just after 4am and here’s you go. I call it “Broken”



“Someone 
Please, I need help”
I’m lying on the floor, 
hugging myself
My hair is a mess
There’s tears on my face
My clothes have been strewn 
All over the place
Gently, I’m rocking
And gasping for air
“Somebody ...please...”
But there’s nobody there
Every move I make is agony 
I feel like I’m covered in bruises
In every game ever played
Someone always loses
I try to get up
But my legs are too weak
And now my throat
Is too raw to speak
I collapse on the floor
And curl into a ball
What did I do 
To deserve this at all??
I lay my head down
My tears pool on the floor
And I whisper to myself,
“...I just can’t anymore”
My ribs feel like they’re broken
My lungs start to seize
My eyes are swollen, almost shut
But the tears flow with ease
My muscles are stiff and sore
From shivering and shaking 
No, I haven’t been assaulted
It’s just my heart is breaking 


Listening to Big Girls Cry by Sia

- Hop Along

No comments:

Post a Comment