Thursday, April 11, 2013

More Words That Rhyme

I have WAY too much on my mind to post a regular entry, so here's some more poetry.

This one's kinda new,  and I thought it wasn't finished, but when I read over it, I liked the way it came together. And so I am calling it complete and tentatively titling it "Vow of Love."  Enjoy!!

Where the ocean meets the shore
Where my heart meets yours
Where the light touches the sky
You can see deep in my eyes
Through all time and across the years
A melody plays for just our ears
We begin to sway, begin to dance
Enraptured at once by this romance
Safely bound, our hearts will mend
From now until our journey's end

When the hands of time
Ring out their chime
When the light fades
And beauty evades
When the days of old
Have long grown cold
Tell me, will
You love me still?
Renew the promise we once forswore:
"I'll love you still, forevermore."



- Hop Along

No comments:

Post a Comment